Monday, April 26, 2010

Giving Birth

My mom asked me to accompany her watching her on TV just a couple of minutes ago. She was the presenter of a show in my mosque's local television called MJA TV. The name of the show is Keluarga dan Kesehatan (Family and Health). The topic of the day is "Childbirth". Well, the speaker gave an interesting information indeed, but mostly I've read or found it somewhere else. Then come her example when talking about bleeding. The doctor told a story:

"One day I got a call, asking me to come to the place given ASAP because there was a mother giving birth and in need of my help. The nurse can't handle the bleeding herself, therefore she called for a doctor and she called me at that time. The location was indeed far and quiet remote and it's not good enough as a childbirth place. I checked the condition, then i found that the head of the baby was out but there was something blocking it. At first, I thought it was a tumor. Later I realized that it was the placenta. Earlier, the nurse tried to force the baby out, but the result was tragic. The uterus also went out. Yes, THE UTERUS WENT OUT (my stomach was terrible when i heard n i wrote this). We were blood-bathed at that time. The bleeding was so bad. An immediate surgery was taken, the baby saved, but 19 hours later the mom died because of such a severe bleeding. The body just can't cope with that."

I was shell shocked and petrified. Enough saying about how we should obey our mom, but this story is just another cherry on the cake. Oh God..

No comments:

Post a Comment